Tourism Industry News
Travel "Green" With Venere.com
Milan (PRNewswire / WorldTourismNews) - Venere.com, the European specialist in online accommodation, reveals all the secrets to environmentally-friendly travelling. By following these simple steps, you too can become an eco-traveler:
1. Choose eco-friendly transport. Using public transport, cycling and walking are much greener than driving as well as being a great way to meet new people and stay in touch with the environment. Use the train instead of the car - a winner not only for cost but also for stress! When you fly, opt for the airlines that offer "carbon offset credits" helping to compensate for all the CO2 emissions from your flight, in turn promoting reforestation and supporting the development of renewable energy sources.
2. Avoid using the hotel laundry service! Each year hotels all around the world go through huge amounts of water, washing your towels and linens. When you check in, ask if you can use them for more than a day, thus making a valuable contribution to the fight against wasting water.
3. Support local businesses. There are many ways to support local businesses and the local environment, for example eating local specialties and produce during your stay. Choosing hotels and restaurants that cook with local products, not only will reduce CO2 emissions produced by the transportation of goods, but will also help farmers and the local economy.
4. Recycle! Waste products including food and drink packets from your journey as well as any rubbish you create during your stay must be recycled! Reducing the waste of raw materials and giving new life to old materials is a fundamental part of our contribution to improving our environment. Even the simple act of offering a newspaper or magazine to other train passengers after reading it is an opportunity to recycle and socialize!
5. Always carry a re-usable water bottle. Water is an essential for all of us, and choosing a stainless steel bottle instead of reusing the plastic bottles saves us money and reduces the use of a highly-polluting substance such as plastic.
A few simple steps like these mean that we can all make a small yet significant contribution to sustaining the planet. Giving priority to hotels that choose alternative energy sources such as solar panels, use eco-friendly materials such as Lego and stone, and promote local produce are small gestures that encourage a culture of respect for the environment even when we travel.
To immerse yourself in an unspoilt paradise:
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa, Playa del Carmen - Mexico Located in the Maya Riviera, this exclusive five star resort overlooks never-ending white sandy beaches bordered by the lush Mexican jungle. Dotted with natural lagoons, mangroves, beautiful cenotes and surrounded by spectacular unspoiled scenery, the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is ideal for those who want to enjoy a holiday in harmony with the sea and land. A range of sports activities and excursions are on offer or you can simply bask in the beauty of this unique environment. The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort has the preservation of its precious natural heritage as its primary goal, promoting a range of projects and initiatives, increasing travelers' sensitivity to environmental issues.
Hotel Royal Cliff Beach Resort, Pattaya - Thailand
Nestled in the depths of breathtaking Thai scenery and overlooking the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Siam lies the eco-friendly Hotel Royal Cliff Beach Resort. It consists of a set of four and five-star hotels, each featuring a unique and unmistakable style where the environment has been taken into careful consideration since its opening 1973. Not only does the resort promote the use of treated waste water to water its beautiful gardens, but it is also filled with endangered species of trees and plants. Recycling is a must at the Hotel Royal Cliff Beach Resort and guests and staff are encouraged to reduce waste. It also promotes initiatives involving locals to clean the streets and beaches.
For a holiday of bio-gastronomy:
Eco Hotel l'Aubier, Montezillon Neuchatel - Switzerland
A little jewel reserved for a maximum of forty food-loving, peace-seeking guests, the Eco Hotel l'Aubier, located in the beautiful surroundings of the Swiss Alps overlooks the picturesque Lake Neuchatel. Being a proud member of BioHotels, this charming three-star Switzerland hotel boasts a restaurant that serves exclusively organic food and wines from a biodynamic farm, as well as local and herbal teas and homemade syrups. The use of products from organic and local farming guarantees not only the safety of the environment and the seasonality of products, but also very tasty and healthy dishes.
For those who love 'green' architecture:
Hi Eco Hotel Spa & Beach, Nice - France
The Hi Eco Hotel, housed in an exclusive 1930's building on the French Riviera, offers its guests a wonderful stay in its original rooms, all made by the young French designer Matali Crasset. A student of Philippe Starck, Matali fully respects the values of a '"green" architecture' which is why guests staying here will find furnishings made from natural materials, a charming wellness center, excellent food at Cantine Bio and staff who will ensure a relaxing stay in Nice. A unique setting, designed to promote harmony between man and the environment not forgetting avant-garde design and the best technology, the Hi Eco Hotel, Nice provides a more than comfortable place to stay.
Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa, Punta Cana - Dominican Republic
The Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa is surrounded by a spectacular 43,000 m2 garden and was built using the best natural resources from the local area. A unique design that uses all-natural materials found on site such as stone, wood, sugar cane and coconuts, everything has been made with the aim of creating harmony with the surroundings and preserving the ecosystem, whilst offering a quiet and relaxing location for a vacation of sport and wellness with zero environmental impact .
For more information visit: https://www.venere.com
Micaela Zanarini - PR&Communications Manager - e-mail: email@example.com